Jende Offers 3 variants of strops in its line-up:
These are designed for free hand stropping.
Jende cow leather strops come in a variety of sizes to meet your stropping needs! The vegetable tanned cow leather strops are ideal stropping mediums for maintaining your edges. You can use them clean or load them with the Jende Poly Diamond Emulsions for more aggressive stropping. As part of the colour coding acrylic strops, the Jende Kangaroo bench strops come on acrylic for stability and easy recognition.
Cow Leather is generally thicker so can give more assistance with Convex edges due to its sponginess.
Jende Kangaroo strops come in a variety of sizes to meet your stropping needs! The vegetable tanned Kangaroo leather strops are ideal stropping mediums for maintaining your edges. You can use them clean or load them with the Jende Poly Diamond Emulsions for more aggressive stropping. As part of our colour coding acrylic strops, the Jende Kangaroo bench strops come on acrylic for stability and easy recognition.
Kangaroo Leather is slim so is great for maintaining an exact angle with little chance of convexing the bevel.
Jende Nanocloth Ultra strops
- The Jende Nanocloth Ultra is a synthetic stropping material that has no weave, so feedback is the same in all directions. Other weaved strops tend to have noticeable resistance change feedback variations, like a rug when vacuuming, which can make you second guess your stropping stroke.
- The Honeycomb structure is very consistent. The shape allows the emulsions to fill up the honeycombs, keeping more abrasive on the strop and off your knife. The shape also fills up and beads on the surface, giving a snow-shoe effect with even scratches when stropping.
- The depth of the honeycomb has little compression – less than leather in general.
- Because of the depth of abrasive in the honeycomb tubes, differential pressure can be used to give the strop more or less aggression by adding pressure for more aggression, and super light strokes to just tickle the edge for finish stropping.
- The color-coded Acrylic base allows you to instantly recognize the grit strop you desire to use, saving time and confusion.
- Laser etched to ensure long-lasting and clear identification marks.
- Works equally well with the Jende Poly Diamond Emulsions.
Grit to Micron conversion
- 4 Micron (Pink) 4,000 Grit
- 2 Micron (Purple) 8,000 Grit
- 1 Micron (Blue) 16,000 Grit
- 0.5 Micron (Red) 30,000 Grit
- 0.25 Micron (Green) 60,000 Grit
- 0.10 Micron (Yellow) 160,000 Grit
- 0.025 Micron (Orange) 600,000 Grit